Now you can easily Install TWRP Recovery and Root Moto G5. The Moto G5 is a recently launched budget device by Motorola. The phone already available in the market and if you bought the phone and looking for a way to Root Moto G5 then you are in the right place. Here we share how to Install TWRP Recovery and Root Moto G5. First, you need to install TWRP Recovery on Moto G5 and then flash SuperSu to Root Moto G5. Recently, TWRP recovery got updated with material designed to TWRP 3.1.0. That means you can install the latest TWRP 3.1.0 on Moto G5. Follow this guide to Install TWRP Recovery and Root Moto G5.
If you are a Moto G5 user, then you can Root and Install TWRP Recovery on Moto G5. Thanks to XDA Recognized Developer Santhosh M who provide the unofficial TWRP for Moto G5. So here is the step by step guide to Root and Install TWRP Recovery on Moto G5. Read the below note carefully before you Install TWRP Recovery and Root Moto G5. Also Check How to Root Moto G5 Plus
Some benefits of Rooting –
- You can install custom ROM and custom kernel on your device for faster and better performance.
- Block Ads in apps with the help of ad blocker.
- After you root Moto G5 and install TWRP on it, you can install Xposed Framework to customize your device
- Increase performance and battery life by killing background process automatically.
- You can use Titanium Backup to restore all of your apps and data.
- You can uninstall bloatware (Pre-installed Apps)
- First you need to Unlock the bootloader of Moto G5. (Check How to unlock the Bootloader of Moto G5)
- Follow the steps correctly otherwise you may brick your device. We are not responsible for any damage to your phone.
- It will erase all your personal data including data of internal storage, so we advise you first to take a complete backup of your phone and then proceed.
- Ensure that your phone has at least 50-60% charged to prevent the accidental shutdown in-between the process.
Files required to Root and Install Custom Recovery on Moto G5 –
- Download ADB and fastboot driver for windows or ADB and Fastboot for Mac and install it on your PC. This will also install your device driver.
- Download and install Drivers for Moto G5 if above doesn’t work.
- Download TWRP Recovery for Moto G5 (XDA) and place it in the folder where ADB installed and rename it to ‘recovery.img’.
- Download Dm Variety disabler for Moto G5 (no-verity-opt-encrypt-5.1)
- Download Magisk to root Moto G5 and copy it to your phone sd card.
How to Install TWRP Recovery and Root Moto G5
Install TWRP on Moto G5 –
1) First enable USB debugging from setting>developer option>. To enable Developer Options, go to About phone and tap the Build Number 7 times.
2) Now go to installation directory open ADB folder and open the command window thereby pressing and hold the ‘shift’ key and right-clicked anywhere in that folder.
3) Now connect your phone to PC and reboot the device into fastboot mode by typing
adb reboot bootloader
4) You are in Fastboot mode now to check your connection by entering below command in command prompt. It will return your device serial number means your device properly connected. Check your driver if the above command is not responding.
5) Type the below command correctly in command prompt and then press enter. It will install TWRP recovery on Moto G5
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
6) Now type below command to boot into recovery.
fastboot boot recovery.img
7) Now follow below steps without leaving TWRP.
Root Moto G5 –
- To Root Moto G5, first, download the Magisk v11.6.zip file and no-verity-opt-encrypt-5.1.zip files from above.
- Boot your device into TWRP Recovery mode.
- Now in the TWRP, tap “Never show this screen on boot again”, and Swipe allows modification.
- Now Go to “Wipe” section and tap “Format Data”, and type “yes”
- Reboot TWRP into Recovery mode and copy Magisk v11.6.zip file and no-verity-opt-encrypt-5.1.zip files on your phone.
- Now navigate to Install Zip and select ‘no-verity-opt-encrypt-5.1.zip’ and flash it.
- Now reboot your device and when the device boots up again reboot into TWRP.
- Flash Magisk zip file, wipe cache and Dalvik cache and reboot.
- When the Phone starts, go to Magisk Manager App.
- Done! You root and install TWRP Recovery on Moto G5 successfully.
So this is the complete guide of how to Install TWRP Recovery and Root Moto G5 with easy steps. If you have any questions, then comment below.