Now you can easily Install TWRP Recovery and Root Xiaomi Mi 5X Tiffany. Recently Xiaomi launched the new Mi 5X with Nougat based MIUI 9 OS. The phone already available in the market and if you bought the phone and looking for a way to Root Xiaomi Mi 5X then you are in the right place. Here we share how to Unlock Bootloader, Install TWRP Recovery and Root Xiaomi Mi 5X.
This guide is divided into three parts first part show you how to unlock the bootloader of Xiaomi Mi 5X, second show you how to install TWRP on it, and the last one show you how to Root Xiaomi Mi 5X. Also, there is two different method to Root the device and here we share both. Follow this guide to Unlock Bootloader, Install TWRP and Root Xiaomi Mi 5X.
If you are a Xiaomi Mi 5X user, then you can Root and Install TWRP Recovery on Xiaomi Mi 5X. The recovery is an official version which can be installed on your device. So here is the step by step guide to Unlock Bootloader, Install TWRP Recovery and Root Xiaomi Mi 5X. Read the below note carefully before you Root Xiaomi Mi 5X. Also, check the benefits of rooting from below.
Some benefits of Rooting –
- You can install custom ROM and custom kernel on your device for faster and better performance.
- Block Ads in apps with the help of ad blocker.
- After you root Xiaomi Mi 5X and install TWRP on it, you can customize your device
- Increase performance and battery life by killing background process automatically.
- You can use Titanium Backup to restore all of your apps and data.
- You can uninstall bloatware (Pre-installed Apps)
- The method only works on Xiaomi Mi 5X
- Rooting will void your phone warranty, and you won’t claim it back.
- Follow the steps correctly otherwise you may brick your device. We are not responsible for any damage to your phone.
- It will erase all your personal data including data of internal storage, so we advise you first to take a complete backup of your phone and then proceed.
- Ensure that your phone has at least 50-60% charged to prevent the accidental shutdown in-between the process.
Files required to Root and Install Custom Recovery on Xiaomi Mi 5X –
- Download ADB and fastboot driver for windows or ADB and Fastboot for Mac and install it on your PC. This will also install your device driver.
- Download TWRP(Cofface) Recovery for Xiaomi Mi 5X – Download (Rename it to recovery.img)
- Download Magisk for Xiaomi Mi 5X and copy it to your phone sd card
How to Unlock Bootloader, Install TWRP Recovery and Root Xiaomi Mi 5X
How to Unlock Bootloader of Xiaomi Mi 5X
To unlock Xiaomi Mi 5X bootloader first, you need to Request Unlock Code for Xiaomi Mi 5X and then follow simple adb commands to unlock the bootloader of Xiaomi Mi 5X.
How to Install TWRP on Xiaomi Mi 5X –
1) First, enable USB debugging and OEM Unlock from setting>developer option>. To enable Developer Options, go to About phone and tap the Build Number 7 times.
2) Now go to installation directory open ADB folder and open the command window thereby pressing and hold the ‘shift’ key and right-click anywhere in that folder.
3) Now connect your phone to PC and reboot the device into fastboot mode by press and hold Volume Down + power keys or by typing below command in cmd window
adb reboot bootloader
4) You are in Fastboot mode now to check your connection by entering below command in command prompt. It will return your device serial number means your device properly connected. Check your driver if the above command is not responding.
5) Type the below command correctly in command prompt and then press enter. It starts flashing recovery on your phone.
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
6) With above command, you installed the custom recovery on Xiaomi Mi 5X.
7) Now disconnect your phone and boot into Recovery mode by pressing and hold the Volume Up + Power Key or by using below command and then follow the below process to Root Xiaomi Mi 5X.
fastboot boot recovery.img
Root Xiaomi Mi 5X –
1) To Root Xiaomi Mi 5X, first, download the SuperSu zip file from above.
2) Now save the SuperSu/Magisk zip file to your phone.
3) Boot your device into Recovery mode (TWRP) by pressing ‘Volume Up + Power‘ button.
4) In TWRP recovery navigate to Install Zip and select SuperSu/Magisk to Root Xiaomi Mi 5X.
5) Swipe to install SuperSu and reboot your device. That’s it, you root Xiaomi Mi 5X and install TWRP successfully.
So this is the complete guide of how to Unlock Bootloader, Install TWRP Recovery and Root Xiaomi Mi 5X with easy steps. If you have any questions, then comment below. Stay connected with us via Facebook, Twitter, and Google Plus to read more such helpful posts.
Source – XDA