Root and Install TWRP Recovery on Huawei P8 Lite (Marshmallow)
The latest version of TWRP 188.8.131.52 for Huawei P8 Lite is now available. You can download the recovery from below and flash it via fastboot. Below guide will explain how to Root and Install TWRP Recovery on Huawei P8 Lite. Huawei P8 Lite received the Marshmallow update in many regions. The users who update your phone to Marshmallow then you can root Huawei P8 Lite on Marshmallow. TWRP recovery got updated with material designed to TWRP 3.0.0. That means you can install the latest TWRP 3.0.0 on Huawei P8 Lite. The new update of TWRP 3.0.0 has a whole new look, true terminal emulator, support Android 6.0 and now you can flash image files also. Follow this guide to Root and Install TWRP Recovery on Huawei P8 Lite.
If you are a Huawei P8 Lite user, then you can root and Install TWRP Recovery On Huawei P8 Lite. And if you already install custom recovery on Huawei P8 Lite then you can flash the latest version of the TWRP recovery and Root P8 lite to Marshmallow by flashing updated SuperSu. So here is the step by step guide to Root and Install TWRP Recovery on Huawei P8 Lite. Read the below note carefully before you Install TWRP 3.0.0 Recovery on Huawei P8 Lite. Also, check the benefits of rooting from below.
Some benefits of Rooting –
- You can install custom ROM and custom kernel on your device for faster and better performance.
- Block Ads in apps with the help of ad blocker.
- Increase performance and battery life by killing background process automatically.
- You can use Titanium Backup to restore all of your apps and data.
- You can uninstall bloatware (Pre-installed Apps)
- You need to unlock bootloader of Huawei P8 Lite first. (Check how to unlock bootloader of Huawei P8 Lite)
- Rooting will void your phone warranty, and you won’t claim it back.
- Follow the steps correctly otherwise you may brick your device. We are not responsible for any damage to your phone.
- It will erase all your personal data including data of internal storage, so we advise you first to take a complete backup of your phone and then proceed.
- Ensure that your phone has at least 50-60% charged to prevent the accidental shutdown in-between the process.
Files required to Root and Install Custom Recovery on Huawei P8 Lite –
- Download ADB and fastboot driver for windows or ADB and Fastboot for Mac and install it on your PC. This will also install your device driver.
- Download TWRP 3.1.0 Recovery for Huawei P8 Lite.
- Download SuperSu to root Huawei P8 Lite Marshmallow and copy it to your phone sd card.
How to Root and Install TWRP Recovery on Huawei P8 Lite
Install TWRP on Huawei P8 Lite –
1) First enable USB debugging and OEM Unlock from setting>developer option>. To enable Developer Options, go to About phone and tap the Build Number 7 times.
2) Now go to installation directory open ADB folder and open the command window thereby pressing and hold the ‘shift’ key and right-clicked anywhere in that folder.
3) Now connect your phone to PC and reboot the device into fastboot mode by typing
adb reboot bootloader
4) You are in Fastboot mode now to check your connection by entering below command in command prompt. It will return your device serial number means your device properly connected. Check your driver if the above command is not responding.
5) Type the below command correctly in command prompt and then press enter. It starts flashing recovery on your phone.
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
6) With above command, you installed the custom recovery on Huawei P8 Lite.
Root Huawei P8 Lite on Marshmallow –
1) To Root Huawei P8 Lite, first, download the SuperSu zip file from above.
2) Now save the SuperSu zip file to your phone.
3) Boot your device into Recovery mode (TWRP) by pressing ‘Volume UP + Power‘ button.
4) In TWRP recovery navigate to Install Zip and select ‘SuperSu.zip’ to root Huawei P8 Lite.
5) Swipe to install SuperSu and reboot your device. That’s it, you root Huawei P8 Lite on Marshmallow and install custom recovery on Huawei P8 Lite successfully.
So this is the complete guide of how to Root and Install TWRP Recovery on Huawei P8 Lite with easy steps. If you have any questions, then comment below.