Now you can easily Root Pixel XL on Android Oreo. Recently Google released the latest Android Oreo OS for Google pixel and other devices. If you are Updated your device to Android Oreo then check our guide to Systemlessly Root Pixel XL on Android Oreo. The developers GroovinChip confirmed he successfully Root Pixel XL systemlessly and it will pass the Safetynet successfully. Here we share how to Systemlessly Root Pixel XL on Android Oreo.
To Root Pixel XL on Android 8.0 Oreo, you need Modded TWRP Recovery, SuperSu file, SuperSu Config, and SuHide. The process is simple which contains some basic ADB commands. Below we share every step and required files to Systemlessly Root Pixel XL on Android Oreo. Also, Check Android 8.0 Oreo Features
Some benefits of Rooting –
- You can install custom ROM and custom kernel on your device for faster and better performance.
- Block Ads in apps with the help of ad blocker.
- After you Root Google Pixel XL on Oreo, you can customize your device
- Increase performance and battery life by killing background process automatically.
- You can use Titanium Backup to restore all of your apps and data.
- You can uninstall bloatware (Pre-installed Apps)
- The method only works on Google Pixel XL running on Android 8.0 Oreo.
- Rooting will void your phone warranty, and you won’t claim it back.
- Follow the steps correctly otherwise you may brick your device. We are not responsible for any damage to your phone.
- It will erase all your personal data including data of internal storage, so we advise you first to take a complete backup of your phone and then proceed.
- Ensure that your phone has at least 50-60% charged to prevent the accidental shutdown in-between the process.
Files required to Root Google Pixel on Android Oreo –
- Download ADB and fastboot driver for windows or ADB and Fastboot for Mac and install it on your PC. This will also install your device driver.
- Download Modded TWRP Recovery for Pixel XL – Download (Rename it to recovery.img)
- SuperSU for Pixel XL – Download
- SuperSU Config for Pixel XL – Download
- SuHide for Pixel XL – Download
How to Systemlessly Root Pixel XL on Android Oreo
1) First, Download the TWRP from above and save it in ADB and Fastboot Folder. Save SuperSu, SuperSuConfig, and SuHide to internal storage.
2) Enable USB debugging and OEM Unlock from setting>developer option>. To enable Developer Options, go to About phone and tap the Build Number 7 times.
3) Now go to installation directory open ADB folder and open the command window thereby pressing and hold the ‘shift’ key and right-click anywhere in that folder.
4) Now connect your phone to PC and reboot the device into fastboot mode by press and hold Volume Down + power keys or by typing below command in cmd window
adb reboot bootloader
5) You are in Fastboot mode now to check your connection by entering below command in command prompt. It will return your device serial number means your device properly connected. Check your driver if the above command is not responding.
6) Type the below command correctly in command prompt and then press enter.
fastboot boot recovery.img
7) With above command, will Boot your Pixel XL into Recovery.
8) In TWRP Recovery, Flash SuperSuConfig, then choose to add more zips. Choose SuperSU.
9) In the Aroma installer for SuperSuConfig, choose Systemless SBIN.
10) Boot to system
11) Go back to bootloader and boot to TWRP and Flash SuHide.
So this is the complete guide to Systemlessly Root Pixel XL on Android Oreo. If you have any questions, then comment below. Stay connected with us via Facebook, Twitter, and Google Plus to read more such helpful posts.
Source – XDA